How the Work Has Continued… Province 1 Deacons during the COVID-19 Pandemic
For Lent 2021 we are pleased to bring you a series of seven interviews with deacons from Province 1. The interviews were conducted by the Rev. Valerie Bailey Fischer during Epiphany and they are all available in the dropdown menu by name. We are most grateful for Rev. Valerie’s work and especially for the Deacons who sat for these interviews to tell their stories.
Six Deacons and a candidate for ordination to the diaconate reflect on how the pandemic influenced their faith, their ministry in the church, and their call to the diaconate.
Province 1 Deacons Featured in this Presentation
- The Rev. Deacon Jane Griesbach, deacon, St. Francis’ Church – Holden, MA Deacon Formation Director, Diocese of Western Massachusetts
- The Rev. Deacon Michele Adamo, regional deacon in the East Bay at St. Johns and Sts. Matthew and Mark in Barrington, RI and Office and Communications Manager at Beneficent Congregational Church.
- Rachael ‘Jac’ Essing, candidate for ordination to the diaconate, Pastoral Associate for Lawrence House (Episcopal Service Corp) South Hadley, MA
- The Rev. Deacon Beatrice Kayigwa, deacon, All Saints Church – Worcester, MA
- The Rev. Deacon Ema Rosero-Nordalm, deacon, Diocese of Massachusetts, Member at Large for Social Justice for the National ECW Board
- The Rev. Deacon Félix Rivera, deacon, Episcopal Church in Connecticut
- The Rev. Deacon Linda Taupier, deacon at Christ Church Cathedral (Springfield, MA)